MEMORISE: “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;” – 2 Corinthians 4:17
READ: Judges 6:1-10 (KJV)
1 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord: and the Lord delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years.
2 And the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel: and because of the Midianites the children of Israel made them the dens which are in the mountains, and caves, and strong holds.
3 And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them;
4 And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass.
5 For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it.
6 And Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites; and the children of Israel cried unto the Lord.
7 And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried unto the Lord because of the Midianites,
8 That the Lord sent a prophet unto the children of Israel, which said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I brought you up from Egypt, and brought you forth out of the house of bondage;
9 And I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all that oppressed you, and drave them out from before you, and gave you their land;
10 And I said unto you, I am the Lord your God; fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but ye have not obeyed my voice.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 27 – Numbers 1
Open Heaven 9 February 2022 MESSAGE:
Afflictions are situations that we typically pray against. Interestingly however, afflictions have their benefits in the life of a person. One of the typical benefits of afflictions is that they draw men back to God, especially when faced with challenges they cannot surmount by themselves. In our Bible reading today, we see the afflictions of the children of Israel at the hands of the Midianites and Amalekites. These two nations attacked Israel successfully from time to time, causing them to suffer greatly. These afflictions drew the Israelites back to the God of their fathers, who they had neglected for strange gods, as we see in Judges 6:7:
“And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried unto the Lord because of the Midianites,”
God was then able to speak to them through His prophet whom they would not have listened to but for the affliction. The Lord reminded them that He was still their God, far superior to the gods of the Amorites and the gentiles among whom they were living.
One lesson to learn from this fall of Israel is that serving other gods will always bring affliction. Also, the environment in which a person lives or operates could lead to a departure from serving God. Many of the sound doctrines we cherished in the past have been trashed due to globalization and our contact with the Amorites, Canaanites and Jebusites of the present age. This has led to many ungodly practices among believers. This in turn causes grave afflictions. Sicknesses that were not mentioned among the believers before are now commonplace. For example, where would high blood pressure come from when a believer’s life is full of joy and the peace of God? A believer of old did not compete with the so-called rich people of the world and would seek God’s counsel before engaging in any enterprise. Believers ought to be led by the Holy Spirit on what line of business they should pursue. Failure to do this leads to loss of peace and rest of mind.
The COVID-19 pandemic is also a case in point on how afflictions can draw people to God. All thanks to God as the Church is now retracing her steps to the old rugged way of peace and joy. May the Lord help us, in Jesus’ mighty name.
Open Heaven 9 February 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, heal our backsliding as a church; have mercy on us and send Your salvation in the mighty name of Jesus.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 9 February 2022 HYMN 3: Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus.
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 30 – WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH, 2022
PRAYERS FOR CHURCH GROWTH
BIBLE TEXT: MATT 28:19-20; 4:19, LUK 10:2
It is the desire of our Lord Jesus for the church to grow because the harvest is great but many obstacles are preventing the engagement of required laborers. We need to stand against these obstacles in our prayers.
- Father, we thank you for taking RCCG from 44 parishes in Nigeria to over 190 countries all over the world in Jesus name.
- Father; we thank you for all your missionaries who left their families and countries to dangerous parts of the world to preach the message of salvation to perishing souls in Jesus name. Mat 28:19-20, Mat 4:19
- Father, we stand upon your word that no weapon formed against your church shall prosper in Jesus name. Isa 54:16-17
- Father, we pray that every strong hold that has risen against the church shall be demolished in Jesus name. 2cor 10:4
- Father, we demolish every familiar spirit that aims to hinder church growth in Jesus name.
- Father, we pray for church growth; show us the hidden things we need to know for your churches to grow. Deu 29:29
- Father, we pay that you will continue to illuminate and transform your word in our lives, giving us divine authority over the power of darkness that wants to resist the growth of your church. Luke 10:19
- Father, every ungodly power that has penetrated to the position of authority in the church expose and expel them, in Jesus name. 2Cor 6:15
- Father, sow into our churches, ideas, knowledge, strategies, wisdom we need to experience a great turn around in Jesus name.
10.Father, expose all forms of rebellion in your church hindering church growth in Jesus name.
11.Father, raise end time ministers that will fulfill your mandate for church growth and a great turn around in Jesus name. Joel 2:2-11
- Father; expose every Jezebel spirit in your church working against the growth of the church, in Jesus name. Rev 2:20
- Father, call out and empower Nehemiahs of our time to build your church in Jesus name. Neh 2:20
- Father; give your church the heart of fervent and persistence prayer in Jesus name. 1 Thes 5:17, Luk 18:1
- Every power working against the finance of the church to limit growth and the completion of the 3 X 3 Auditorium project be frustrated by the power in Jesus name. Neh 6:1-2
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.