MEMORISE: Psalm 126:1
“When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.”
READ: Ezra 9:5-9 (KJV)
5. And at the evening sacrifice I arose up from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the LORD my God,
6. And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God; for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
7. Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our iniquities have we, our kings, and our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
8. And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.
9. For we were bondmen; yet our God hath not forsaken us in our bondage, but hath extended mercy unto us in the sight of the kings of Persia, to give us a reviving, to set up the house of our God, and to repair the desolations thereof, and to give us a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem.
Restoration presupposes that something is missing or a loss has occurred, usually that of something good – whether spiritual or physical. There are some people in the Church today who have backslidden and need divine restoration. The danger in backsliding is that the fellow, more often than not, may be reluctant to leave his sinful ways (Proverbs 14:14) and might have been given over to a reprobate mind (Romans 1:28). If you have backslidden, I pray that you would retrace your steps today, in Jesus’ name.
When a fellow loses his salvation, so many unpleasant things happen. As in the case of Ezra and his people in today’s Bible reading, there was a corruption of virtues.
What then should a spiritually backslidden fellow or nation do to be restored? Like Ezra prayed penitently on behalf of his nation in our Bible reading today, a backslider too must be penitent and humble before God. Psalm 51:17 says:…a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Paul also said in (2 Corinthians 7:10): For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
In other words, when you are so sorrowful about your sins – that you confess and forsake them, you experience restoration (Proverbs 28:13). When you repent, you are making a complete ‘U-turn’ from your trespasses. Ezra warned the people in captivity never to return to the sins that brought them into that state in the first place. He instructed them to stop the pollution of inter-faith marriage too (Ezra 9:12). This is a very important lesson to us as end time believers. We must not conform to this world (Romans 12:1-2), but rather we must come out of the sinful environment, be steadfast and separated unto God (2 Corinthians 6:14-18).
When we obey God’s word, our restoration shall be complete and permanent. Have you suffered spiritual, physical, material, or any other kind of loss? You can experience divine restoration if only you would repent today and return to the Lord.
I pray that the Almighty God will restore unto you everything you have lost, in Jesus’ name.
Father, please restore to me all that I have lost, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.