MEMORISE: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. – 2 Corinthians 5:17
READ: John 1:11-12 (KJV)
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 33-35
Open Heaven 28 January 2022 MESSAGE:
The first mystery of a Christian life has to do with the newness of everything when a person gives his or her life to Jesus Christ. In our Bible reading today we saw that God gives a sinful man the grace to become one of His children. With the power of God being available to every believer, many new things happen to the fellow. One, the believer’s name automatically changes. For example, the Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that while the recompense of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life for anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour (Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23). The Bible says further, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” (Romans 8:1).
Another mystery of the Christian life is the gift of a brand new existence in the Holy Spirit as the flesh and its evil works are crucified. A Christian produces the fruit of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:19-25).
In a nutshell, when you give your life to Jesus Christ, your name changes from Sinner to Saint. This is why our memory verse today concludes that anyone who is in Christ Jesus becomes a new creature, dead to all his or her old ways.
A Christian life brings an individual under a new management. Jesus Christ said that we should come to Him to be taught and become like Him (Matthew 11:28-30). Christless people find it impossible to lead a life of obedience, but a Christian finds new abilities which enable him or her to do all things (Philippians 4:13). A person who had been far away from God can now hear Him speak – giving classified information that others do not have access to (John 10:27).
The mysteries of a Christian life also include the gift of a new garment. A Christian wears a garment of praise and not one of murmuring and complaints (Psalm 103:1-5). The Christian life brings about divine health (1 Peter 2:24), divine provisions (Philippians 4:19), divine peace (John 14:27) and divine friendship (John 15:14-15). Beloved, if you are yet to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, do so now so you can also begin to enjoy the mysteries of the Christian life.
Open Heaven 28 January 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let me never miss out on any of the mysteries of a Christian life and use me to bring more souls into the Kingdom, in Jesus’ name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 28 January 2022 HYMN 12: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm and changeless be
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And grief around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 18 – FRIDAY, JANUARY 28TH, 2022
PRAYER FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE BROKEN SIEGE (NIGERIA AND NATIONS)
BIBLE TEXT: ISAIAH 10:27, 1 KING 18:41-46
After the siege has been declared broken, let us pray for the true manifestation of this prophesy in every area of our nation.
- Father, thank you for your grace and mercy that endureth forever in Jesus name. Psalm 136:1-6
- Father, thank you for the relative peace we are enjoying in my country in Jesus name. John 14:27
- Father, thank you for ruling in the affairs of my country in Jesus name. Daniel 4:17
- Father, thank you for not destroying our country with flood in Jesus name. Genesis 9:11
- Father, have mercy on us and forgive us the sins of our country in Jesus name. Daniel 9:9.
- Father, have mercy and take over the affairs of our country in Jesus name.
- Father, have mercy and heal our country in Jesus name. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Father, have mercy and turn again the captivity of our country in Jesus name. Psalm 126:1
- Father, have mercy and put an end to every form of insecurities in Jesus name.
- Father, have mercy and restore our economy in Jesus name. Joel 2:25.
- Father, have mercy and drive away every devourer from our country in Jesus name. Joel 2:25.
- Father, have mercy upon our country and terminate all activities of darkness over our country in Jesus name. John 1:5.
- Father, have mercy upon our country and restore human dignity in Jesus name
- Father, have mercy upon our country and help us to live in peace in Jesus name. Isaiah 9:6.
- Father, have mercy and destroy every principalities and powers that may want to take us back to Egypt in Jesus name.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.