MEMORISE: Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. – John 4:10
READ: John 4:7-10 (KJV)
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 30-32
Open Heaven 27 January 2022 MESSAGE:
Water is named and classified primarily based on its source. For example, saltwater is from the sea, rainwater is from the sky, hard water is from the ground, fresh water is from rivers and so on. Today, we would be discussing the source of living water. Jesus is the only source of living water – water that gives life and eternal life for that matter. However, to access this living water, we must first and foremost accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. Jesus was very clear about this when He said, “He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38).
In our Bible reading for today, Jesus encountered a woman who was unknowingly in dire need of living water to quench her eternal thirst. Our Lord then engaged her in a conversation so as to open her eyes to that need in her life, by asking her to give Him physical water to drink in exchange for living water. As if that was not enough, Jesus promised her that she needed only to drink the living water once, and then it would produce rivers of living water that would spring through all eternity (John 4:14).
Beloved, Jesus Christ is calling you today to come and drink freely of the spiritual water of salvation which will give you all-round fulfilment and satisfaction here on earth and in eternity with Christ. Jesus took care of the Samarian woman’s spiritual and emotional torment in the Bible text of today. Yours can be taken care of as well if you will come to salvation today so that you would live a purposeful and joyful life henceforth.
Jesus Christ – the source of living water is inviting you to come unto Him. Heed this call and you will never thirst again.
“And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take water of life freely.” – Revelation 22:17
Open Heaven 27 January 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, here I come today; give me the water of life until I want no more, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 27 January 2022 HYMN 3: Deeper, Deeper In The Love Of Jesus
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 17: THURSDAY 27TH OF JANUARY, 2022
TOPIC: PRAYER FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE BROKEN SIEGE (FAMILIES)
BIBLE TEXT: ISAIAH 10:27; 1 KINGS 18:40-46
Fervent prayer is required for manifestation after the siege has been broken, Elijah prayed before rain could fall. As we pray there shall be manifestation in all our families.
- Father, thank you for your grace and mercy that my family is enjoying every lday in Jesus name. Psa.107:1-2.
- Father, thank you for the salvation of our souls in Jesus name. John.3:16
- Father, thank you for protecting my family from all evils in Jesus name. Psa.91:1-6
- Father, thank you for your peace over my family in Jesus name. Joh.14:27
- Father, thank you for your good thought and plans for my family in Jesus name. Jer.29:11
- Father, thank you for making my family for signs and for wonders in Jesus name. Isa.8:18
- Father, thank you for frustrating all the counsel of the enemies against my family in Jesus name. Job 5:12
- Father, thank you for breaking the siege of barrenness in my family in Jesus name. Gen.25:20-26.
- Father, thank you for breaking the siege of famine in my family in Jesus name. Gen.26:1-14.
- Father, by your mercy let my family begin to experience the manifestation of the broken siege in Jesus name. 2 Kings 4:1-7
- Father, by your mercy, let goodness and mercy continue to follow my family in Jesus name. Psa. 23:6
- Father, by your mercy, let my family begin to experience rest from all battles of life in Jesus name.1 King 5:3-4
- Father, by your mercy make my family like a tree planted by the rivers of water in Jesus name. Psa 1:3
- Father, by your mercy make family the salt of the earth and the light of the world in Jesus name. Matt 5:13-14
- Father, by your mercy release the anointing to preach the gospel with boldness upon my family in Jesus name. Acts.1:8
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.