MEMORISE: And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. – Mark 10:51
READ: Luke 24:13-31 (KJV)
13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
23 And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 28-29
Open Heaven 26 January 2022 MESSAGE:
The words, “Let there be light” could mean “Lord, open my spiritual and physical eyes”. To the physically blind fellow, it means “Let me be able to see”. To the spiritually blind, it means “Lord, open my spiritual eyes so that I may begin to see the invisible”. The Psalmist wrote, “Open mine eyes that I may behold wonderous things out of thy law” (Psalm 119:18). This did not mean the Psalmist was physically blind, rather, he knew that he could only see the depth of the Lord’s will for his life in the Word of God when his spiritual eyes were open. Some people may be doing the wrong thing without knowing and they would think they are on the right path (Proverbs 16:25). This is so common among the religious and intellectuals. The case of Saul of Tarsus who became Paul the Apostle is a classic example of this (Acts 9:1-6).
The story in our memory verse today points to the darkness of physical blindness. People shouted Bartimaeus down because he could not see. A blind man may be subjected to unwarranted harassment, even from those close to him, probably because they feel he is a burden to them, slowing them down. In this story, it was those people who were scrambling to catch a glimpse of the Miracle-Worker- Jesus Christ, that were harassing him. However, the man refused to be intimidated. The Bible says that the more they shouted him down, the louder he shouted back – eventually drawing the attention of Jesus Christ Himself. Shout back to the devil today and call on the Light to shine upon you in order to receive your sigh t- whether physical or spiritual.
Another lesson from this story is the fact that Jesus asked the blind beggar what he actually wanted. The Lord needed to hear him open his mouth to seek His help. Go ahead, open your mouth and pray about any problem you have today. The Father of lights will beam His light upon the situation in Jesus’ name and you will be victorious.
Spiritual blindness is a terrible form of darkness. In our Bible reading of today, two of the disciples were so spiritually blind that they did not recognize their Lord until the light shone on them. When the light of God shines on you, despair disappears, strength is regained and joy unspeakable would become your portion. Praise the Lord.
Open Heaven 26 January 2022 ACTION POINT:
Pray like the blind Bartimaeus did, asking that the Lord would send His light upon you for new insights into His will for your life, in Jesus’ name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 26 January 2022 HYMN 3: Deeper, Deeper In The Love Of Jesus
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 16 – WED, JAN 26TH, 2022
PRAYER FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE BROKEN SIEGE
BIBLE TEXT: ISA.10:27
As we pray there will be manifestation of siege broken in our lives.
- Father, thank you for your grace and mercy that I enjoyed everyday in Jesus name. Lam.3:22.
- Father, thank you for the salvation of my soul in Jesus name. John.3:16.
- Father, thank you for your grace that made me overcome all the challenges of last year in Jesus name. 1 John.5:4-5.
- Father, have mercy on me and forgive me all my sins in Jesus name. Psa.51:1-2.
- Father, have mercy on me and give me the grace to be willing and obedient to your words in Jesus name. Isa.1:19.
- Father, have mercy on me and deliver me from every spirit of doubt in Jesus name. Jas.1:6-8.
- Father, have mercy on me and teach me the steps to take for me to experience the manifestation of the broken siege in Jesus name. 2ki.4:1-7.
- Father, have mercy on me and destroy every ancestral power that will not allow the manifestation of the broken siege in my life in Jesus name. Jud.6:25
- Father, you have spoken that every siege of failure is broken, by your mercy let me begin to experience breakthrough this year in Jesus name. Luk.5:5-7.
- Father, you have spoken that the siege of barrenness is broken, let me begin to experience fruitfulness in Jesus name. 1Sam.1:17-20.
- Father, you have spoken that the siege of sickness, disease and infirmities are over, let me begin to enjoy divine health in Jesus name. 3John.1:2
- Father, you have spoken that the siege of slavery is over, set me free today in Jesus name. Gen.41:39-42
- Father, you have spoken that I will pursue, I will overtake I will recover all that I’ve lost, let there be manifestation in Jesus name. 1 Sam.30:18
- Father, as you have spoken, let your light shine and let everything and anything that represents darkness in my life disappears in Jesus name. Gen.1:3.
- Father, you have spoken, let every mountain before me become plain in Jesus name. Zech.4:9.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.