MEMORISE: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. – Acts 17:11
READ: Matthew 5:18-22 (KJV)
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 7-9
Open Heaven 26 February 2022 MESSAGE:
There are many self-proclaimed teachers of the word, with hundreds of thousands or even millions of followers today. These people speak with a certain level of authority spanning a broad range of issues like religion, marriage, family matters, doctrinal affairs, Church government, entertainment, money matters, etc. Many of them have also put their questionable teachings and unbiblical views in print. Worse still, some ministers of the gospel who should know better are now peddling these wrong teachings on the grounds that they hold some wisdom. The question should be, “Who said what?” Whatever anybody says should be compared with the word of God. God’s word should always be held as superior to the word of any man – no matter how sensible it may sound.
Everybody’s knowledge and view is limited to his or her environment and level of exposure. However, the Alpha and Omega, the all-knowing God, has perfect knowledge of things from the creation of the world to the very end of time. This is why the word of God cannot become obsolete, irrespective of time, advancement in technology and level of civilisation.
The word of God remains fresh and new to date. Psalm 138:2 tells us that God magnifies His word above His name, therefore, the word of God should be treated with the utmost respect and honour it deserves. Trivialising the word of God could have devastating effects as it happened to the special adviser to the king in (2 Kings 7:19-20). It is important to note that the word of God is different from the word of man that is subject to changes. God does not change and His word remains constant – forever. For example, in Matthew 19:8, Jesus pointed out a permissive law on divorce that was introduced by Moses, but was not part of the original code. Therefore, any alteration to the word of God is neither encouraged nor acceptable before Him.
Always confirm who is saying what before you jump on the bandwagon of new teachings. We should all borrow a leaf from the Berean Christians who searched the Scriptures daily to confirm teachings they received (Acts 17:11).
Open Heaven 26 February 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to give Your word the honour it deserves, in Jesus’ name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 26 February 2022 HYMN 13: My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
1. My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand:
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.
2. When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace;
in every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.
3. His oath, his covenant, his blood,
support me in the whelming flood;
when all around my soul gives way,
he then is all my hope and stay.
4. When he shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in him be found:
dressed in his righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne. [Refrain]
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 47: SATURDAY 26TH OF FEBRUARY, 2022
TOPIC: SICKNESS AND DISEASES
BIBLE TEXT: EXO 15 :26, JAS 5 :15, PSA 107 :20-21, 1 PET 2 :24
It is never the will of God for any of His children to be sick, 3Jn 1:2. It is sin that brought sickness into the world; we need to repent and turn to God in our prayers of faith to get out of the wilderness of sicknesses and disease.
- Thank God for His healing power that is available for His Children, in Jesus name. Psa103:3.
- Father, please forgive me all my sins both known and unknown that have brought sickness and diseases (mention the name of sickness, if any) upon me, in Jesus name. Psa 103:3, Jas 5:15.
- Father, by your mercy, please take away from me every inherited sickness and diseases, in Jesus name. Exo 15:26.
- Father, please destroy every yoke of sickness and diseases in my life, in Jesus name. Acts 10:38, Isa 10:27.
- Lord Jesus, by your resurrection power, I overcome every form of terminal sickness and diseases upon my life in Jesus name. Joh 11:4, Isa 28:1.
- Father, please put an end to every form of sickness and diseases outbreak in my country (put your country), in Jesus name. Pro 23:18.
- Father, please by your mighty hand of power, terminate every spirit of infirmity upon my life in Jesus name. Luke 13:11-12, Joh 5:1-9.
- Father, please heal every damage done in my body as a result of sicknesses and diseases in Jesus name. Jer 17:14.
- Father, I decree that, every arrow of sickness and diseases targeted against my country (put your country), church, family, etc., go back to the sender, in Jesus name. Psa 18:14.
- Father, arise and let the source of any sickness in my body dry up by the fire of Holy Ghost, in Jesus name. Psa.107:20.
- Let every germ, virus, bacteria and poison working against my health be neutralized by the blood of Jesus. Rev. 12:11.
- Father, as I serve thee, bless my bread and take sickness away from my family in Jesus Name. Exo 23:25.
- Father, put off every garment of sickness and diseases from me, in Jesus name Mark 10:50.
- Father, in the mighty name of Jesus, I declare that by your stripes I am totally healed. 1 Pet 2:24.
- Father, every evil plantation of sickness and diseases in my life be uprooted by the fire of Holy Ghost, in Jesus name. Matt 15:13.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.