MEMORISE: Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. – Psalm 16:11
READ: Genesis 26:1-4 (KJV)
1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
2 And the Lord appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 22-25
Open Heaven 24 January 2022 MESSAGE:
Let there be light could mean “Lord show me the good ground to sow into” on “Lord, show me the business I should venture into”. It could also mean “Lord, show me the solution to the problem(s) I am faced with” as in the case of the bitter water discovered at Mara in Exodus 15:22-26. In that story, many lessons could be learnt. One is that though the physical eyes are good and necessary, the spiritual eyes are far better and more beneficial. At times the solution is right there under our noses, but we may not know until the light of God beams on such a solution. Though the tree that was a solution to the bitterness in the water at Mara was there, they (both the leader and the led) did not see or recognize it until the light of God shone upon it.
You may be a solution to your people, yet not be appreciated to the point of being considered able to help, until the light of God shines upon you. A country did not see the usefulness of a nationalist leader until he died, after which he was declared “The best president they never had”. None of David’s kin was ready to consider him as a possible candidate for the throne until the light of God shone and Samuel anointed him.
In the same vein, you need the light of God to shin upon you before can choose rightly where to invest your time and energy. To the glory of God, when the light of God shone upon Isaac, he remained in Gerar where he prospered so tremendously that even the king of the land envied him (Genesis 26:12-14). There are categories of soil to sow into, according to the parable of the sower (Matthew 13:3-9). There are soils that represent the wayside; some are good enough to produce in thirties, sixties and hundreds.
We also need to consider the quality of the seed being sown. Beloved, the light of God I required not only to identify the correct soil, but also the right seed to sow. You cannot sow corn in the sea; it would also be an exercise in futility for you to raise fish fingerlings in the desert. One may say these are obvious, but then, that is what many do when they dabble in businesses God has not approved for them. May the light of God lead you from now, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 24 January 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, shine Your light upon my life, that I may know Your perfect will for me in every aspect of my life, in Jesus’s name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 24 January 2022 HYMN 3: Deeper, Deeper In The Love Of Jesus.
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 14: MONDAY 24TH OF JANUARY, 2022
TOPIC: PRAYER FOR THE FULFILMENT OF PROPHECY (NIGERIA)
BIBLE TEXT: ISAIAH 6:1-9, EXODUS 3:7
Prophecy to a nation is a message from God telling a nation what will happen in the future. If the message is good, that nation need to pray for the manifestation and if otherwise, the nation also needs to reject it through prayer of mercy.
- Father, thank you for your grace and mercy that our nation enjoys in Jesus name. Lam.3:22.
- Father, thank you for your faithfulness over our nation in Jesus name. Lam.3:23.
- Father, thank you for sending your son Jesus Christ to this world because of our nation in Jesus name. John.3:16.
- Father, thank you for your mercy that prevail over judgement in our nation, in Jesus name. Jas.2:13.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and forgive us our sins that can hinder the fulfilment of your prophecy in Jesus name.2 Chro.7:14.
- Father, remember your covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and forgive our nation all our wickedness that can hinder the fulfillment of your
prophecy in Jesus name. Ezr.9:6-7.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and deliver us from spiritual, physical, economical and intellectual slavery in Jesus name. Exo.6:1-8.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and take us to the promised land that is flowing with milk and honey in Jesus name. Deut.9:1-3.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and restore your peace as you have promised in Jesus name. Joh.14:27.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and take away sicknesses, diseases and infirmities as you have promised in Jesus name. Deut.7:15.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end in Jesus name. Psa.7:9.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and let the new nation you promised us emerge in Jesus name. Isa.43:19.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and remove every plant you’ve not planted in Jesus name. Matt.15:13.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and let your Light and fresh air take over everywhere in our nation. John.1:5. Gen.1:3.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and let our economy blossom again in Jesus name. 2 King 7:1-8.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.