MEMORISE: It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. – Psalms 119:71
READ: 2 Samuel 16:5-12 (KJV)
5 And when king David came to Bahurim, behold, thence came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed still as he came.
6 And he cast stones at David, and at all the servants of king David: and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left.
7 And thus said Shimei when he cursed, Come out, come out, thou bloody man, and thou man of Belial:
8 The Lord hath returned upon thee all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose stead thou hast reigned; and the Lord hath delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom thy son: and, behold, thou art taken in thy mischief, because thou art a bloody man.
9 Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head.
10 And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the Lord hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so?
11 And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him.
12 It may be that the Lord will look on mine affliction, and that the Lord will requite me good for his cursing this day.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 34-36
Open Heaven 23 February 2022 MESSAGE:
Our memory today is a pointer to one fact: when we are locked down, we should discover what God really wants us to learn at such times. It is amazing to read the Psalmist saying, “It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I might learn thy statutes” (Psalm 119:71). (“It is good” the Psalmist says, “that I have been afflicted”. For what reason? “That I might learn thy statutes”. This is incredible!
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
The Psalmist knew the benefit of a lockdown. In today’s Bible text, we read about David’s experience when a palace coup was staged against him by his son Absalom. As he was fleeing, a relative of King Saul – Shimei came forth, stoning and cursing David and his entourage. A servant of David, Abishai was enraged and sought permission to kill Shimei but David’s reaction was completely different, as he believed that God was teaching him a lesson through all the problems he was faced with.
“And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? Let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him.” – 2 Samuel 16:11
There are a lot of lessons to learn from the lockdown of David. David believed that God allowed it for a purpose. He did not fight back at the man who cursed and insulted him since his son Absalom, had done worse. He believed that all things would work for his good (Romans 8:28). He taught his followers that the furnace of humiliation would perfect God’s will for his life. Children of God should share this belief for whatever situation they may find themselves in, with faith that all things would eventually work together for their good.
Open Heaven 23 February 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please turn all my gloomy moments to brightness today, in Jesus’ name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 23 February 2022 HYMN 27: When Upon Life’s Billow You Are Tempest Tossed
1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God hath done;
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold.
Count your many blessings, money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your Lord on high.
4. So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 44– WED, FEB 23TH, 2022
UNITY IN THE CHURCH
BIBLE TEXT: PSA 133: 1-3. EPH 4:3, 13, JOHN 17:11
Unity is the state of being united or joined as a whole. The church of God is called to be united and be firmly connected to its source which is the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Father, thank you for establishing the church in faith, and increasing the number daily. Acts 16:5
- Father thank you for sanctifying the church in Christ Jesus and raising saints in every place where they call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Father, thank you for the ministries of apostles, prophets, teachers, miracles, gift of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues in the church. 1 Cor 12:28
- Father, thank you for being the head of the church and saviour of the body just as the husband is the head of the wife. Eph 5:23
- Father, thank you for presenting to yourself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, but holy and without blemish. Eph 5:27
- Father, thank you for giving the church patience and faith and making the church to endure persecutions and tribulations. 2Thess 1:4
- Father, thank you for making the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. 1 Tim 3:15
- Father, thank you for allowing brotherly love continue in the church. Heb 13:1
- Father, thank you for making the church to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace. Eph 4:3
- Father, let there be one Lord, one faith, one baptism in the church of God. Eph 4:5
- Father, let the church of God come to the unity of faith, and of the knowledge of the son of God, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Eph 4:13
- Father, put in the church of God, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, and long suffering, forgiving one another. Col 3:12-13
- Father, bring it in to fulfilment your divine plan that we are all baptized into one body by one spirit, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free in Jesus name. 1 Cor 12:15
- Father, make the body of believers in the universe one that hath many members but are one body in Christ. 1 Cor 12:12
- Father, bind the church of God together in the likeness of your death, and in the likeness of your resurrection. Rom 6:5
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.