MEMORISE: For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock. – Psalms 27:5
READ: 1 Samuel 22:1-2 (KJV)
1 David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father’s house heard it, they went down thither to him.
2 And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 32-33
Open Heaven 22 February 2022 MESSAGE:
One lesson or benefit of a lockdown is the opportunity to develop one’s hidden potential. The hustle and bustle of day-to-day human activities often rob us of the opportunity for meditation and spiritual growth. Had it not been for the lockdown David suffered when he was running away from his sworn enemy King Saul, he would not have been able to develop his leadership potential and produce great warriors from the downtrodden, distressed and discontented young men of Israel that formed his first army.
“And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.” – 1 Samuel 22:2
The result of David’s lockdown in the cave of Adullam is evident in the account of those people regarded as vagabonds, who became mighty men of valour in his army, as written in 2 Samuel 23. One of them – the son of Dodo, was described thus: “And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite…He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the Lord wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil.” (2 Samuel 23:9 -10).
A time of lockdown, whichever form it takes, should be spent in such a way as to bring the best out of us. David was not sitting to brood over his troubles when being pursued by King Saul. He used the period of his lockdown to develop his military acumen and raise an army of men who would eventually become his generals. Little wonder he had a standing army in contrast to the ad-hoc army of his predecessor.
Beloved, during your period of low estate, find out what God would want you to do, and it will surprise you that you will come out stronger to do exploits. In whatever situation you may find yourself, ask the Almighty God to open your eyes to lessons to be learnt and opportunities to be seized, just as Joseph did, rising from being a prisoner to become the Prime Minister (Genesis 40-41).
Open Heaven 22 February 2022 ACTION POINT:
Learn obedience in any time of distress.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 22 February 2022 HYMN 28: When We Walk With The Lord
1. When we walk with the Lord
in the light of his word,
what a glory he sheds on our way!
While we do his good will,
he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a burden we bear,
not a sorrow we share,
but our toil he doth richly repay;
not a grief or a loss,
not a frown or a cross,
but is blest if we trust and obey.
3. But we never can prove
the delights of his love
until all on the altar we lay;
for the favor he shows,
for the joy he bestows,
are for them who will trust and obey.
4. Then in fellowship sweet
we will sit at his feet,
or we’ll walk by his side in the way;
what he says we will do,
where he sends we will go;
never fear, only trust and obey.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 43 – TUE, FEBRUARY 22TH, 2022
PERSONAL DELIVERANCE PRAYERS
BIBLE TEXT: JOE 2:32, OBA 1:17, ROM 10:13
For every man to get to his/her place in destiny, must overcome certain obstacles. Most of those barriers are spiritual, Eph 6:12. Our God is a man of war that fights for and protects his own. It’s time to wage war in prayers.
- Father, I thank you for fighting my battles and keeping me alive till this moment. Exo 14:14.
- Father, thank you for all visible and invisible battles you have fought for me in the past.
- Father, thank you for not allowing the fire, water, troubles and battles of life to consume in Jesus name. Isa 43:2, 16
- Father, in your mercies forgive me of all inherited sins and iniquities, all known and unknown sins in Jesus name
- Father, arise in your power and roll away every reproach of my life in Jesus name. Josh5:9
- Father, let every power working day and night against my greatness be consume by fire.
- Father, by your fire, settle me today in Jesus name. (pray this 7 times)
- Father, you are the potter of my life, let your powers that make a nobody
to become relevant in life fall upon me.
- Father, you are the consuming fire, fire of God consumes every anti harvest
power in my life in Jesus name.
- Father in your mightiness destroy every Glory polluter in my life in Jesus
- Father, sow in me today the seed to be great in life in Jesus name.
- Father, let me receive the secret to succeed and make it in Jesus name
- Father, in the name of Jesus, I destroy every effects of satanic family customs, traditions, covenants, captivity working against my progress in Jesus name. Jer 35:6, 7
- Father, connect me to the people that has the solution to my problems in Jesus name. Exo 18:14
- Father, thank you for my deliverance. I am free in Jesus name. John 8:36
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.