MEMORIZE: A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1
OPEN HEAVEN 21 NOVEMBER 2021 BIBLE READING JAMES 3:1-10
1. My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2. For in many things we offend alll. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3. Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4. Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of flerce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
OPEN HEAVEN 21 NOVEMBER 2021 MESSAGE
Apostle James captures the extent to which the tongue can go in destroying a persons destiny, in todays Bible reading: “And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.” “James 3:6”
The tongue indeed is a fire, thus it must be controlled. Controlled fire can be used productively; however, uncontrolled fire destroys. The tongue is so complex that it could be likened to a fountain that produces cold and hot water at the same time.
What can we now do to this thing that the Bible describes as ..an unruly evil, full of deadly poison? (James 3:8). Since the Bible describes the tongue as poison the good news is that Jesus promised us that even if we drink a deadly thing, it shall by no means hurt us (Mark 16:18).
Therefore, one can see that every problem of man ends at the cross of Jesus Christ. The story was told of a woman who was having problems in her marriage.
She consulted a wise old man in her family who gave her a small, smooth stone to slip into her mouth and lick, remaining silent, every time her husband picked a quarrel with her. She did this and before long, peace was restored to that home.
She ran to the wise old man to show her gratitude for the effectiveness of the charm only to have him tell her that what he had given her was an ordinary stone. He had merely found a way to make her keep quiet rather than destroy her home with her mouth.
The Bible says: “Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.” “Proverbs 16:24”
Choose to speak only words that edify and if you must correct someone, do it constructively and in love. All children of God must learn to control their tongues. As there is a time to talk, there is also a time to keep silent (Ecclesiastes 3:7) When we talk, our words must be fitly spoken (Proverbs 25:11) in due season (Proverbs 15:23).
OPEN HEAVEN 21 NOVEMBER 2021 PRAYER POINT
Help me Lord to bridle my tongue at all times, in the mighty name of Jesus.
OPEN HEAVEN 21 NOVEMBER 2021 HYMN
WHAT A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL DAY, DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET
1. What a wonderful, wonderful day,
day I will never forget;
After I’d wandered in darkness away,
Jesus my Savior I met.
O what a tender, compassionate friend,
He met the need of my heart;
Shadows dispelling, with joy I am telling,
He made all the darkness depart.
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul, (filled my soul)
When at the cross the Savior made me whole; (made me whole)
My sins were washed away and my night was turned to day,
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!
2. Born of the Spirit with life from above
into God’s family divine,
Justified fully thru Calvary’s love,
O what a standing is mine!
And the transaction so quickly was made,
when as a sinner I came,
Took of the offer, of grace He did proffer,
He saved me, O praise His dear name!
3. Now I’ve a hope that will surely endure,
after the passing of time;
I have a future in heaven for sure, there in those mansions sublime.
And it’s because of that wonderful day,
when at the cross I believed;
Riches eternal and blessings supernal,
from His precious hand I received.
OPEN HEAVEN 21 NOVEMBER 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: REVELATION 1:1-20, REVELATION 2:1-29, REVELATION 3:1-22, REVELATION 4:1-11, REVELATION 5:1-14, REVELATION 6:1-17
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was composed by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the biggest outreaching church on the planet and furthermore the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens reverential application is accessible over all versatile stages and working frameworks: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith.
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I believe acknowledge you as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart that You died and became alive once again to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus precious name, Amen.