TOPIC: A Humble Heart
TEXT: Job 34:31-37
31. Surely it is meet to be said unto God, I have borne chastisement, I will not offend any more;
32. That which I see not teach thou me; if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.about:blank
33. Should it be according to thy mind? he will recompense it, whether thou refuse, or whether thou choose; and not I; therefore speak what thou knowest.
34. Let men of understanding tell me, and let a wise man hearken unto me.
35. Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom.
36. My desire is that Job may be tried unto the end because of his answers for wicked men.
37. For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.
KEY VERSE: “That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.” – Job 34:32
The world would have been a better place today had people imbibed the attribute of being humble like Christ Who emptied Himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of man to die for our sins. In our passage, Elihu pointed out two cogent facts.
First, that God does not judge unjustly. Second, whosoever confesses his sins and humbles himself before Him will receive pardon. He would want sinners to see that He had borne their chastisement because of their sins. Having reproved Job, Elihu now instructs him of what he should say under his affliction.
If I have done iniquity, I will do no more”. I will not offend anymore. Elihu brings Job to the knowledge of the universality of human suffering and affliction in this sinful world.
Nobody is immune to affliction. Often, affliction comes in various ways. It could be in form of sickness as it happened to Job in our text.
At times, it could be in form of failure in life as the case of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:9,10). It could be inability to procreate after marriage like Abraham and Sarah (Genesis 11:30). It could be in the form of broken homes, satanic oppressions, or even delay in marriage. It could be persecution as it happened to Paul in his ministry.
Whichever one you may be experiencing, Christ our Lord is up to the task for He has borne all our infirmities including our afflictions on the cross at Calvary, and by His stripes we are made whole. All we need to do is to humble ourselves before God. Examine yourself and find out the cause of your affliction.
If there is sin in your life, be humble enough to acknowledge it and then seek God for forgiveness. Pray for divine intervention and do not play in the corridor of sins again.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: His grace is enough for me.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Zechariah 1-5
DCLM Daily Manna was composed by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the president and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church arranged at KM 42 on the bustling Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
LIGHTGOSPEL COUNSEL’S: Until you are brought back to life, God regularly standing presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy constant triumph. If it’s not too much trouble say the showed petition beneath in Faith
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I acknowledge You as my Lord and Personal Savior. I have faith in my heart You died and became alive once again to spare me. Thank You Lord for sparing me, in Jesus name Amen